- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup salted peanuts or cashews (can be omitted and still tastes great)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 package (4-serving size) fruit flavoured gelatin
Heat Oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Place popcorn and nuts in large bowl. Heat butter and syrup in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in sugar and gelatin; bring to a boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Immediately pour syrup over popcorn, tossing to coat well. Spread popcorn in 15x10x1 (or similar) pan, use fork to spread evenly. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and put into bowl immediately. Break apart popcorn as it cools.
Note: To remove glaze from cooking utensils and pans just soak in hot water, the glaze will disolve.